Scientific adviser of the club: Motuziuk Igor, assistant of the department of oncology, candidate of medical sciences (PhD), surgeon-oncologist of higher qualification. Mobile: +380677199922
- History of the Club: The Club was created in 1999. The first set was 6 club, the first was KD. Sidorenko (medical №1 faculty). The first scientific leader of the club was Assoc. V.E. The scales. The main purpose of creating a student scientific group was to involve students in scientific activities and to deepen the study of modern methods of treatment and diagnosis of cancer.
Leaders of the club:
1999 – 2002 – Assoc. V.E. Scale;
2002 – 2005 – Assoc. OV Kravchenko;
2006 – 2015 Assoc. OS Zotov;
since 2015 Ass., Ph.D. I.M. Motuziuk.
Motuzyuk Igor N. t he scientific group leader assistant Professor, PhD , on cosurgeon , member of Ukrainian Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Author of 105 scientific papers and 40 patents. The main thrust of the medical activities – individual approach to the complex treatment of breast cancer, skin cancer, head and neck tumors, supporting-moving system, abdominal cavity and retroperitoneal. Implement new technologies and techniques of plastic reconstructive approach to the modern treatment of breast cancer.
The theme of the club:
- Clarification of links of pathogenesis of malignant tumors.
- Improvement of methods of early diagnosis of malignant neoplasms of the main localizations.
- Investigation of prognostic factors of the course of tumors.
- Immunology and immunotherapy of tumors.
- Primary multiple cancer.
- Topical issues in the diagnosis and treatment of lymphoproliferative diseases
- Tactics of managing patients with hereditary breast and ovarian cancer.
- Breast reconstructive surgery.
- Newest methods of diagnosis and treatment in abdominal oncology.
Forms of work:
- Preparation of literature reviews, analysis of new articles on current problems of oncology;
- Carrying out own researches of circles;
- Presentations and reports at the meetings of the circle, their discussion;
- Conducting meetings of the discussion club;
- Participation of students in rounds in the clinic, duty;
- Participation of students in the rounds of the professor, assistant professor, as well as surgical interventions, dressings, etc. during the holidays;
- Participation in clinical debriefs, pathoanatomical dissections, laboratory tests.
- Participation in seminars, forums, conferences, congresses in Ukraine and abroad;
- Participation of students in international oncology education programs for students and young doctors (ESMO, ESO, EAFO, ESCO).
Introduced a new kind of organization of work at the meetings of the club – meetings in the form of a round table. This kind of work allows to involve more participants in the preparation of the meeting, by disclosing the general topic by several speakers, more participants are involved in the discussion, the discussion is organized in a more organized way, as a result – discussion of a larger range of problems, reaching consensus solutions. Innovation has found support among circles and will continue to develop in the future.
Annually, the works of the club are published in the Ukrainian Scientific and Medical Youth Journal (a professional edition of the HAC of Ukraine), the magazine “Clinical Oncology”, other professional publications in Ukraine and abroad.
Every year, students-scientists participate in Ukrainian and foreign scientific-practical conferences:
- Annual Young Medical Scientists’ Conference (Bogomolets National Medical University, Kyiv);
- International Student and Young Scientists’ Seminar dedicated to The World Cancer Day (National Cancer Institute, Bogomolets National Medical University, Kyiv);
- Conference on All-Ukrainian Breast Cancer Day / Breast Cancer Day Conference (National Cancer Institute, Bogomolets National Medical University, Kyiv);
- Topical issues in the diagnosis and treatment of lymphoproliferative diseases (National Cancer Institute, Kyiv);
- International Conference of Young Oncologists “Modern Problems of Experimental and Clinical Oncology” (RE Kavetsky Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology and Radiobiology, NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv);
- International Scientific and Practical Conference dedicated to World Health Day ( Bogomolets National Medical University, Kyiv);
- Scientific and practical conference of young scientists “Modern methods of diagnosis and treatment of patients with malignant tumors” (National Cancer Institute, Kyiv);
- Eurasian Scientific and Practical Conference “Prospects for the Treatment of Tumors of the Gastrointestinal Tract” (Kyiv);
- І-ІІ Educational courses “Oncology for students of medical universities”.
Mug Session (Date and Place of Meeting): Each mugger has an individual work schedule. The general meeting is held 1-2 times a month at the National Cancer Institute, ul. Lomonosov, 33/43. Department Phone: 450-82-32